Dec 15, 2006

Windows Live Cache abuse confusion

I am starting to see users newbies that are trying to surf sites using the windows live cache instead of the website links.

What happens is that they are trying to submit orders and use the site by the cache and it gets detected as trackback spam due to the unusual referrer.

When I tried to warn the users to come to my website to use it I discovered that they can not tell my website from the windows live cache due to poor formatting of the Windows live screens and links. They have no ideal what they are doing or what the problem is.

Never had this problem with google most likely due to it being a smaller font link above the website link. Only solution I can see is to not allow msn to cache.

META NAME="msnbot" CONTENT="nocache"

It ignores the private cache command.
META HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL" CONTENT="PRIVATE"

No comments: