Dec 8, 2006

Nedstat goes nuts. Sets cookie FRQSTR on your domain.

A lot of us have used nedstats since the 90s well I just started seeing the cookies coming from my domain that my software was not setting and discovered that nedstat got bought out and is inserting popups on some websites.

The site has found out some way to set the following cookies on your domain.

FRQSTR=
WIDYMD=
KIDYMD=
Its not clear if they can read back a cookie from your domain. I dont think they can, it may just be a bug. I dont know but if you have any nedstat code on your sites you need to remove it because something strange is going on.

Here is how to add a link on your site to display all the cookies your site has set.

Display this sites cookies

You create this by creating a link to.
javascript:alert(document.cookie);

No comments: